We are seeking a Sous Chef that is creative, composed, committed and very well organised to join The Parogon Pub Group and assist the Head Chef in leading a large team of over 15 chefs at our new venue The Red House in Lilleshall.
As Sous Chef, you will assist the Head Chef in ensuring the kitchen performs to a high standard within the boundaries of the company’s expectations, policies and procedures, particularly in the following areas;
- Day to day running and management of the kitchen – ensuring your team are providing exceptional food for our customers whilst being busy and under pressure. You will also take full accountability in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Food quality – ensure all dishes are produced in accordance with the company recipe and dish specification.
- Company compliance – ensure that the kitchen is compliant with all company due diligence checks and health & safety standards.
- Stock management – ensure that the kitchen is meeting and exceeding the company food GP target by following the company’s stock management process.
- Team development – assist the Head Chef in ensuring the kitchen team are up to date with training needs and service standards.
The successful candidate for the role will have the following;
- A creative flair and get a real kick out of a busy service
- Experience with using fresh ingredients in a high volume, busy and fast paced environment
- Smart appearance
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping
- A positive attitude and lead by example
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and solve problems in a methodical manner
- A desire to progress within the Parogon Pub Group
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent training with the opportunity to progress within a growing company, bonus scheme and staff discount when eating in our restaurants
Location: The Red House
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Dependant on experience
Closing Date: 31 Oct 2019